- New from Frankfurt: every Monday and Thursday non-stop to Edmonton (Canada)
- Long-haul from Munich again: Cancun (Mexico), Halifax (Canada), Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) and Seattle (USA)
- Back in the schedule from Frankfurt: New Orleans (Wed/Sat), Barbados (Sat), Tobago (Sat)
- New design: Condor logo back in the aircraft tail for trademark reasons
Frankfurt, 3 December 2019 - Condor is topping up its 2020 summer flight schedule: Germany's most popular leisure airline will be flying non-stop from Frankfurt to Edmonton in Canada for the first time as of June 2020. Flights to the capital of the Canadian province of Alberta can be booked from 349.99 euros per person one-way and are offered every Monday and Thursday. In addition, long-haul destinations from Munich will be on the flight schedule again in summer 2020, with a Boeing 767 stationed in Munich as of May 2020: Condor flies from the Bavarian state capital to Cancun in Mexico on Mondays, to Halifax in Canada on Fridays, to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) on Wednesdays and to Seattle (USA) on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. As of today, flights from Frankfurt to New Orleans (USA), Barbados and Tobago in the Caribbean can also be booked from Frankfurt.
"With the additional long-haul flights next summer, we are ideally expanding our existing summer flight schedule 2020 - not only with the new destination Edmonton in Canada from Frankfurt, but also with the non-stop connections from Munich," says Ralf Teckentrup, CEO of Condor. "We are thus offering our guests in southern Germany an even greater selection of direct connections to their holidays and are strengthening our presence in Munich with a stationed long-haul aircraft.“
The destinations Cancun, Punta Cana and Mauritius will be served from Munich in the current 2019/20 winter season. Mexico and the Dominican Republic are therefore in the Condor flight schedule all year round from Munich and Frankfurt. The connections from Munich to Halifax (Canada) and Seattle (USA) in the summer of 2020, on the other hand, will be completely relaunched.
Overview of Condor long-haul destinations from Munich in the 2020 summer timetable:
- Cancun (CUN): every Monday
- Halifax (YHZ): every Friday
- Punta Cana (PUJ): every Wednesday
- Seattle (SEA): every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
New destination from Frankfurt: Edmonton
With the inclusion of the Canadian megacity of Edmonton in the 2020 summer flight schedule, Condor's Canada services will be expanded to a total of six destinations: In addition to Edmonton, Germany's most popular leisure airline will also be flying to Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver and Whitehorse from Frankfurt and Halifax from Frankfurt and Munich.
Edmonton is one of the northernmost cities in the world and is considered the gateway to the Rocky Mountains due to its geographical location. Situated along both banks of the North Saskatchewan River, Edmonton's summers are long, pleasant and with average temperatures of 20 degrees, only partly cloudy. The capital of the Canadian province of Alberta, Edmonton, offers many musical festivals and a variety of cultural activities for young and old, including more than 60 museums and galleries. In addition, numerous skyscrapers shape the image of the city, including the 130-metre-high Bell Tower in the centre of the metropolis.
Overview of Condor long-haul destinations from Frankfurt in the 2020 summer timetable:
- Anchorage (ANC): every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
- Barbados (BGI): every Friday
- Baltimore-Washington (BWI): every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
- Calgary (YYC): every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- Cancun (CUN): every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
- NEW: Edmonton (YEG): every Monday and Thursday
- Fairbanks (FAI): every Thursday
- Halifax (YHZ): every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Havana (HAV): every Monday, Thursday and Saturday
- Holguin (HOG): every Wednesday and Sunday
- Cape Town (CPT): every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Kilimanjaro (JRO): every Wednesday
- Las Vegas (LAS): every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday
- Mauritius (MRU): every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Minneapolis (MSP): every Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday
- Mombasa (MBA): every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Montego Bay (MBJ): every Wednesday and Saturday
- New Orleans (MSY): every Wednesday and Saturday
- Phoenix (PHX): every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
- Pittsburgh (PIT): every Monday and Friday
- Portland/Oregan (PDX): every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday
- Punta Cana (PUJ): every Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- San Jose (SJO): every Wednesday and Sunday
- San Juan (SJU): every Saturday
- Santo Domingo (SDQ): every Wednesday and Sunday
- Seattle (SEA): daily
- Seychelles (SEZ): every Tuesday and Friday
- Tobago (TAB): every Friday
- Toronto (YYZ): every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Vancouver (YVR): every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
- Varadero (VRA): every Friday
- Whitehorse (YXY): every Sunday
- Windhoek (WDH): every Monday and Thursday, daily by code-share
- Zanzibar (ZNZ): every Monday and Friday
New short- and medium-haul destinations: Paphos (Cyprus), Tivat (Montenegro) and
Just recently, Germany's most popular leisure airline announced three new destinations on short- and medium-haul routes in its summer flight schedule: Condor flies every Monday and Friday from Frankfurt, Munich, Düsseldorf and Leipzig/Halle to Paphos (Cyprus), Tuesday and Friday from Frankfurt to Tivat in Montenegro and Toulon (France) is served every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from Frankfurt.
Condor takes off again with its own logo
The Condor logo returns to the tail of the aircraft. For trademark reasons, the Thomas Cook logo and the heart logo must be completely removed after the final separation from Thomas Cook. The tail fins of the Condor aircraft will be revised with decals in the coming weeks as part of their regular maintenance. The rest of the livery will not change. "The Condor logo stands for a brand that has been Germany's most popular leisure airline for 64 years. We are proud of this," says Ralf Teckentrup.
The entire summer flight schedule can be viewed online at https://www.condor.com/eu/generated/timetable_S2020.pdf.